I am a work in progress; I am shape-shifting; I am now and then now again. I strive for presence, and presents, for being in the present, where moments unfold like paper airplanes circumnavigating the globe. I am the architect of my temple; I am its mason; I lay stone after stone yet I am never finished. I am perfect and I am not; will continue to be until I am not.
My name is Justin. Usually I live in Brooklyn, NY, but I am currently on a plane to Buenos Aires, where I am planning to spend the better part of the next three months. This is my blog. Welcome.
Some quick facts about me:
• It has been eight months and a day since I last smoked a cigarette.
• I wrote a short play, “Tailor-Made,” which will be performed on Monday, December 6th, as part of this month’s sHotz, produced by aMios. This is my first play.
• Yo no hablo espanol, pero yo voy comprender.
• I have no idea if that was grammatically correct.
About Permanent Beta:
• I like to think about things and I like to write, and this seems like a great place to write about all the things I’m thinking about, so all the things are in one place. Kind of like a notebook.
• Some things about which I think I might write: poker, plays, people in my life, strangers, sports, fantasy sports, the golden ratio, numbers, books I’m reading, books I’m writing, washing the dishes, walking, meditation, nature, television, music, movies. Maybe after I get my sea legs I’ll take suggestions.
• I will definitely entertain myself in the writing of this blog. If I entertain you too- great. But you know what they say: you can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose.
Happy Hanukkah, and have a great weekend!